Fancy Fast Food is a blog about re-mixing fast food, fancily.
From the blog: “These photographs show extreme makeovers of actual fast food items purchased at popular fast food restaurants. No additional ingredients have been added except for an occasional simple garnish.”
High-brow or low-brow? Despicable or brilliant?
In other words, where on the New York Magazine Approval Matrix would this blog belong? Here are some sample works:
McSteak & Potatoes
- Popeye’s Chicken –> Spicy Chicken Sushi
- White Castle –> Tapas de Castillo Blanco
- Burger King Croissan’wich and Biscuit –> BK Quiche
Other extreme food makeovers:
- Tasty Molecules
- Scientific Super Bowl Snacks (includes puffed sauerkraut)
- Eat at Wylie Dufresne’s WD-50 restaurant in the Lower East side. If that’s not “weird enough” for you, this Chowhound thread may have alternatives.